Well, I guess it is finally time for me to blog to all of you about the big change that will be happening in our lives on November 4, 2009. Many of you have heard it straight from Jake or I's mouth or through the grapevine, but for those of you who haven't Jake has turned in his paperwork to get out of the Army. When Jake went to West Point and decided to become Commissioned he incurred five years of Active Duty service and three years of Inactive Ready Reserve. As of Sunday he hit six years of Active Duty time which means he has only two years left of his obligation in the Inactive Ready Reserve. After two deployments and many many weeks and months apart due to training Jake and I decided that the best thing for our family would be for him to get out of the Army. Those of you who know us really well I am sure were/are not surprised one bit, but many of you might be surprised. Despite how Jake's superiors feel about him getting out (some totally understand and some think he is crazy) of the Army, we have prayed and prayed about this and know that God is leading us elsewhere.
The elsewhere I speak of is Olney, Texas. Yes, you are reading that right I said Olney, Texas the land of NOTHING! While I am still a little weary about our move there, I know that the job Jake has lined up is amazing and nothing can be better than being close to family. I am not sure if I will start working or not and if I do, I will more than likely NOT teach. That topic is a whole other blog so be watching for that! While Jake was still deployed to Afghanistan I purchased a house in Olney. The great part is, I bought the house before Jake even knew that I had done so. He found out that he was a proud homeowner of two houses in Olney (we bought another one because that was all that was for sale but quickly sold it when the other came available) in an email stating: "Hey honey! I hope you are having a wonderful day. I also hope that you love and trust me because I bought another house today! Love you! Holly." Don't worry, he wasn't mad he was really excited because for the first time I was super pumped to move. Okay, I am making this story way too long. Our estimated time of departure from Fort Campbell is November 4, 2009. Jake is slated to stay in Command until October so that will give us about three weeks to get things in order before we move. I have high hopes that I will get to host Thanksgiving this year so keep your fingers crossed! Below are some sneak peak pictures of the house that is under construction!
Jake's future "man cave" which was once guest quarters.
First view of the front of the house.
Second view of the front of the house.

We are so happy for you! It we will great to have a place to call home for awhile. We wish you the best with the change of command and the big move in Nov. -The Wolff Family
ReplyDeleteYEAH! I am soo happy for you guys, it has been a long time coming that Jake get out of the Army and you guys get to be a family that spends all of their days together. The house looks beautiful and I am sure that with your wonderful touch it will become a home in a short period of time. It will take Katelyn all of 24 hours to get her toys in order. Love you guys
ReplyDeleteWow, glad things are falling into place for you guys. While it will be a big loss to the Army, it will be nice to finally plant your roots somewhere...only about 7 years and counting for us. :)The home looks beautiful and BIG, lots of space for Katelynn's things. Since we'll be crossing through that way in Oct, maybe we can cross paths? Would love to see you guys! ~Joni and fam.
ReplyDelete