Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Changes, they are comin'...

Well, things have changed a bit since my last post about our timeline of Jake getting out of the Army. I should have known that in some form or fashion the Army would mess up and things would change! You would think we would have this whole Army thing figured out by now, but apparently we don't.

Excuse me while I chase a rabbit for a bit. Yesterday marked Jake's 10 year anniversary of leaving Clyde to go to West Point. I think that it was sort of a bittersweet day for him because he has given 1o years of his life to the Army and then in a short couple of months he will be done. He is definitely ready to get out but 10 years is still 10 years and it will be a HUGE change. Sadly, I have to admit that it is sort of bittersweet for me as well for him to get out because it has been my life for 5 years. While being Jake's FRG leader I have been overwhelmed with a ton of things but on the other hand I have truly felt like I was using God's gift of leadership that he has bestowed upon me and that has been rewarding. I understand now how He wants us to use His gifts to His glory no matter what the circumstances. That is a whole new post so maybe when I get a chance I will go into more detail.

Back to the topic at hand. As of today, Jake will now be changing out of Command on September 1st, begin terminal leave on September 10th and then his end of service will be November 4th. If you remember back to my first post we weren't even supposed to start terminal leave until November 4th. We are very excited about this change because having two homes and all the expenses of remodeling are just a little too much! So, changes are taking place around here and we are both excited and anxious for what is to come.

Below are some pics from a change of command ceremony that we had a couple of weeks ago. Enjoy!

Jake and I after the ceremony.

Another pic of us.

This is Jake and his Battery during the "Pass and Review". Jake is the tall skinny guy in the front saluting.

This is all of 4/320th Field Artillery Regiment. LTC Ell, Jake's old boss, is the guy front left who was leaving.

No comments:

Post a Comment