Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Teeth brushing and hair combin'...

There are a couple things throughout our day that I try not to change unless it is absolutely necessary. The first being that Katelynn sit down whether it be in her high chair or at her table and have an actual meal not just snacks. She takes after her mom and dad and LOVES junk food. The good thing is that she is finally starting to try more things and now is a lover of pineapple, grapes, apples, bananas, chicken, spaghetti, pizza, peas, corn, any dried fruit, crackers, peanuts, sunflower seeds, PB and J sandwiches and of course fruit popsicles.

The next thing that I will not waiver on too much is the time she goes down for her nap. She has been waking up anywhere from 6:45 to 8:00 and then she goes down for her nap at noon or within thirty minutes of that. She has been sleeping as little as two hours and as much as four hours!!!! Katelynn is always moving and seems to really tucker herself out most days and naps are still very much a necessity.

The last part of our day that I am a stickler on is her bedtime ritual. Beginning at 7:15-7:30 we start running her bath water and chasing her around the house to get her undressed. She loves this part because she gets Jake and I running and laughing all of the house while we are trying to catch her. When we finally get her in the bath she loves splashing, drinking water out of her toys, and "swimming" on her tummy. Katelynn has really started to enjoy cleaning up her toys. We try to make it a game so at the end of bath time she puts her toys away and claps, smiles and screams "YAYYYYY!" when she is done. After bath it is off to brush her chompers, and believe me she will not forget that she is supposed to brush her teeth and if I forget she loudly reminds me! Being independent is something that Katelynn is trying so hard to do, and teeth brushing is no different. Thank goodness after she is done sucking all of the toothpaste off of her brush, she actually does brush pretty well. I have to steal the brush and get in there but for the most part she does it on her own. Once we are done there (which can be about 10 minutes of brushing) we head to her bedroom where she "puts lotion" on and gets dressed. The best part for me is when we are sitting in the chair and Jake leaves the room. Katelynn takes out her pacifier (I know, it is time to get rid of it) and gives Jake a kiss! We don't have to prompt her to do it she does it all by her lonesome. Next we have book time which she loves and has even started to "read" books to me. The last part of the night her turning out the lights and hitting hay. I am sure that was too much information on our routines but I thought it would be something you might be slightly interested in. Oh yeah, Katelynn is finally getting more hair!!!

She laughs at herself in the mirror and has a conversation with herself.

Brusha, brusha, brusha! Look at that blonde hair!


No comments:

Post a Comment