As you can tell I have let blogging go to the wayside with all of the house renovations we have going on. As of yesterday we have been in Olney for an entire month! I wish that I could say we were completely done with the house but as you all know renovations take a lot longer than you originally anticipate. We have all of the boxes unpacked and things put away except for a few stray decorations that I am just not sure where to put or if I should even keep them. The kitchen is done except for finish work to include: painting the molding, hanging new molding in some places, sealing the grout in the tile and putting new thresholds in the doorways. I promise I will post a picture when it is completely done. Here is a little sneak peak until then!
The cabinets are quite a bit darker but for some reason this picture makes them look light. We haven't put hardware on them yet because we haven't found the perfect ones.
Here is the dining room. We have decided the dark brown paint is too dark so I will be painting it a lighter color next week and then we will hang the chair rail. I am also going to take down the picture on the wall and put a silver mirror there instead.
Living room, well one half of it. The other side is empty because we haven't made it to Clovis yet to pick up the piano my mom is giving us. I still have some tweaking to do in this room as far as decorations go.
Spare bedroom that still needs to be painted.
Master bedroom 2.
Here is Katelynn's playroom and her bedroom. She completely destroys her playroom in five minutes flat so I decided that I was not even going to try and clean it to take the picture. I haven't hung anything on the the walls in her playroom because I think that with all of the toys it doesn't need much because it is already quite colorful. Do you think I should decorate in here? Her bedroom is still a work in progress. I still need a couple of things to put on her walls but I am not having any luck. Any suggestions here?
We still need to change the ugly light fixtures. (you can only see one in this picture)
The polka dot wall! They are all stickers. Katelynn LOVES it!
I need a couple of more things for the walls you see that are empty. If you look closely to the bed there are some little feet behind the pillow that are in some purple shorts.
I put a twin bed in her room as well. There is a bed frame that goes with this bed but she has had so much fun playing on it that we have waited!

your home is absolutely beautiful. Of course you do a great job at decorating, I am jealous :)
ReplyDeleteWow...what a beautiful home! It looks awesome! You have done an amazing job. :)
ReplyDeleteLove your new home.
ReplyDelete