Saturday, August 22, 2009

Two new hobbies...

Now that I finished my second 5K this morning along with Jake and Katelynn in the jogging stroller I think that I can safely say it is a new hobby. Running with Jake makes a huge difference because we shaved two minutes off my time from last weekend and I have a cold so that is promising. I can't lie and say I felt great after it because I definitely didn't! I was much more tired and my body sort of cramped after for a tad bit. Oh well, at least we got some good exercise! The next race I am looking to is the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure in Wichita Falls. If anyone is interested the race is on October 19th and I would love for anyone to join me! Here are a couple of pics from this morning. Three wonderful women from the MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) group I joined this summer ran as well and I must say I am going to miss all of them even though I have only known them for a short time.

Just waiting for the race to start. It was pretty chilly!

Me, Holly, Kat and Allison after the race. My shirt was so baggy from sweat!

Love this pic!

Next for my second new hobby. My mom's friend, "LK", taught me how to make her butter cream icing and use fondant while I was in Clovis and ever since then I have wanted to do make some cakes by myself. As of now I have only made two and I haven't done the fondant yet. Below are the two I have made so far. Maybe someday I will be able to do bigger and better ones!!!



1 comment:

  1. Way to go!!! And, I love the cakes by the way! Good job!!!

    ReplyDelete