Thursday, August 6, 2009

Carpet

Okay, well I told you guys a little bit ago about the great deal I got us on carpet so now I have to tell you how it came to be. While we were on our fast and furious house trip to Olney last month we had Lowe's come from Wichita Falls and measure our house for carpet. We had them quote us on a type of carpet called "frieze" in the color "Blockbuster Hazelnut." I really liked it and Jake really liked it because it was way on sale and they were also doing a deal where they would lay the carpet for $139 for your entire house. I thought, this is totally going to be a slam dunk situation.

The Lowe's carpet guy gave us our quote which included the square footage, the type of carpet, the pad, the tack strip, etc. We were so excited and thought we had a great find and were ready to pay for it. Well, Jake called Lowe's that next day and spoke with the lady in the carpet department and asked her how long the quote was good for. She told him that it was good for 90 days. When she told him that we decided to way to pay for it because they had a fast turn around and we weren't quite ready for them to lay the carpet because we still needed to paint K's playroom. Just to make sure Jake asked one more time and he got the same answer that the quote was good for 90 days.

Okay, so last week it had been 2 1/2 weeks since we got the quote and the room was done being painted. Jake called Lowe's and spoke with the same girl and told her we were ready to purchase the carpet and have it installed. She preceded to tell Jake that they ran out of that carpet and because it was on special they wouldn't get anymore. I could tell immediately that he was not happy. Lowe's lady then told Jake that we would need to pick another carpet but it wouldn't be the same price as the other. Jake asked her a couple more questions and then got off and told me I needed to run to our Lowe's here in Clarksville and pick out a new carpet. I was definitely not okay with how the situation was unfolding. Needless to say I went to Lowe's looked at carpet and vented to the guy here. He was astonished at how the Wichita Falls Lowe's was handling the situation and he called the store manager. The store manager told me that Lowe's policy is to uphold any quote as long as it is within the 90 day period. He encouraged me to call the SM in WF and have him take care of the situation.

The next morning I called WF Lowe's and spoke with a different guy in the carpet department and told him the situation. I also asked him how they were going to fix the problem. He put me on hold and when he came back he told me to pick a new carpet and he would adjust the price to match the original carpet! So, I got a more expensive carpet for the same price as the cheaper carpet that was on special! I do believe that after two deployments and many nights like this evening where it is 8:30 and Jake is nowhere to be seen, I have learned a few tricks!!!! We can't wait to see how it looks in the house.

[Frieze_IMG_0531.JPG]


1 comment:

  1. Yay!! Way to not back down! I bet it will look amazing! I can't wait to see pics! :)

    ReplyDelete