Friday, December 4, 2009

So much to be thankful for...

Even though we did not make it to Clovis to see my family we thought about everyone so much on Thanksgiving. We did however get to spend the day with Jake's family and we had a great time. I am happy to say that with the help of everyone the cooking was great and was not stressful at all. There was a little tension the day before when I realized that I had forgot to take the ham and turkey out of the freezer. Thank God for Joe Allen's in Abilene and their smoked turkey and ham. I think I might just tell everyone I forgot to thaw the meat every year and order these precooked meats because they were scrumptious. A huge thank you to Jake who took care of the situation and Uncle Jimmy for picking it up! We know that it is hard to travel on holidays and we are so thankful that for the first time we were not the ones traveling. Enough talking and now on to pictures. You will notice that in a couple of the pictures Ellen (Weldon and Leah's little angel and our niece) and Katelynn have matching pajamas. I found these at Macy's in Chicago and I just HAD to get them.

Shelley entertained the girls just like this for an hour!

Katelynn wanted to join Ellen in her pack-n-play after her nap.

We tried to get the girls to look at us but it wasn't so much happening!

Sweet angels!

Just riding on the pony.

I love Jake and Weldon's face in this pic.




1 comment:

  1. Looks like y'all had a lot of fun! The new pictures of the house are great. I always say seeing my friends' nice homes makes me jealous I don't have one!

    ReplyDelete