Well, Katelynn has officially started her birthday celebration and it was truly a great start. This past Saturday we had her 2nd birthday party here at our house with family and friends. The theme was candy/lollipops. Her invitations were lollipops that invited everyone to come to her "Sweet Shoppe". Believe me when I say we had a TON of sweets for everyone in attendance. She is such a blessed little girl to have such great family and friends who drove all the way from Clovis, Abilene, Lubbock and Fort Worth. All of you who were there thank you again for making Katelynn's party so special for her! We started the party off by eating lunch and watching all the little guys play in Katelynn's "Sweet Shoppe". One of my favorite things to do is watch Katelynn play with other kids because she just gets so excited and has such a contagious laugh. As I am writing this I am sort of feeling a bit nostalgic because it is so hard for me to believe that our little girl is already two. I can still remember all of the planning for her first birthday which seems like it just happened. Well, enough typing here are the photos. Enjoy!!
Jake using his muscle to help roll out the fondant. (Here are also some sneak peeks of our newly remodeled kitchen.)
Carefully laying the fondant on the "dirty iced" butter cake. Check out my cool purple bow that I was adorned with by my little girl.
A high five was in order when we got the fondant down the first time with no rips!!!
I needed a dowel rod cut shorter and my husband, the clown, decided to use the circular saw to cut it!
"Katelynn's Sweet Shoppe"
View #2. Sort of dark for some reason.
View #3
The cupcakes that had butter cream icing then fondant on that. Also the lollipop favors that said "Thanks for being so sweet."
The lollipop cake. The actual lollipop didn't turn out just like I wanted but not too bad for the first time using fondant.
The favor boxes for the kids to use at the end of the party to take home some sweets.
Katelynn was not so excited when we started signing "Happy Birthday" to her. Actually she was terrified!
Totally over the song once she got her cupcake.
Hanging with her friends. When they started arriving she pointed at them and said, "my friends, my friends."
Enjoying lunch with Natalie and Kate.
Getting some help from Natalie and Lucy while opening presents.
Playing with her new "Bee Bop Band" while keeping a close eye on her new chair. We are still working on sharing!
*If you like all of the gift tags and other labels give me a shout and I will get you in touch with Ashley, the amazing designer of them. All I had to do is print them, cut them out, and glue them to card stock.

Well you have set the bar very high for cuteness on your decorations and the cake. I have NO idea what we are going to do for Benson's birthday and it is a month a way!!
ReplyDeleteI loved all of your treats you had. Your cake was awesome and way to go on making that yourself. You are GOOD!