Monday, May 4, 2009

It's still raining and pouring and that old man won't stop snoring!

Being from New Mexico where the rain never falls, I never thought I would say that I wish the rain would go away. Jake and I have now been home for five days and it has rained the ENTIRE time we have been here. Those of you who live in Seattle, you are crazy! If you are not crazy yet just give it time because the rain is making me a "negative Nelly" and it has only been five days!

Katelynn is having some serious issues with me because I won't let her go outside. Playing in the rain will happen eventually but it has been thundering and lightning for five days as well. She is such an outside girl and would be completely content to be out from sunrise to sunset. Since we couldn't go outside Jake and I tried to keep Katelynn busy, so we attended a Cinco De Mayo party (I made salsa and cinnamon-sugar chips and they were both delicioso! Thanks Dora for the help with my spanish!) went to Lowes, played hide-n-seek, and painted. The Cinco De Mayo party was a blast because there were three other kids there that Katelynn could play with and she did awesome! It is so much fun to watch her play with other kids because she is finally learning to "play" with others. Little minds in action are totally inspiring! I know that Lowes sounds like a crazy place to take a 16 month old but for our little one it is the perfect place. She loves all of the lights, the buttons she can push on the appliances, the wide-open running space and all the different textured carpets to feel and ooh and ahh over. When we got home from Lowes, Katelynn wasn't quite ready for her next nap so we thought we would try and teach her how to play hide-n-seek. This was a complete success which was accompanied by the belly laughing by all of us! Below are some pictures to show you how the painting with daddy went.

Look at that intense concentration!
Admiring her work!

I just looked at the weather report and it looks like we will have to wait until tomorrow for the old man to stop snoring! 

1 comment:

  1. seattle rain can get old, thus the children musuem membership, ymca tumble time, sidewalk chalk in the garage, and cleaning. Kausten loves to dust with the feather duster. And we love home depot and lowes for the same reasons. Sun will be out soon. probably long before us. great pics.

    ReplyDelete