I have FINALLY finished the window treatments in our breakfast nook after months of putting it off. Here are the supplies I used with very simple instructions.
1) Fabric of choice
2) Good fabric only scissors
3) Craft Bond Spray Adhesive (I used Elmer's brand and it worked great)
4) Straight Pins
5) Glue Gun
6) Panel Foam (I got it at Lowe's for an extra 10% off because there was a broken end which didn't mess me up but it was still a discount!!!)
2) Cut foam then glue edges on with glue gun.
3) Measure and cut fabric
4) Adhere fabric to front of box with spray adhesive and on the back with straight pins. The straight pins worked much better than the spray adhesive on the back.
5) Let dry and then hang.
This is what the finished product looks like. I learned a couple of lessons while making these. The first was when I was cutting the foam and I chose to do it with a hand saw. The issue is that it cut the edges very uneven so when I attached the side pieces it caused them to be crooked as well as made them hard to glue to one another. The second thing is that I tried to solely attach the fabric with spray adhesive but I then realized I could use a little of that along with straight pins and that held it more taught. All in all I think they turned out great and made a huge difference in the room.
Up close.
View from dining room into breakfast nook.
View from kitchen into breakfast nook. The china on the cabinet belonged to Jake's maternal great grandfather who also attend West Point. It is a set of twelve place settings of china that have different scenes from West Point in the early 1930's. We were given this by Jake's great Aunt Mary and Uncle Louis for our wedding. We have made this room sort of our tribute to Jake's time in the Army.

Very cool DIY Holly, it turned out lovely!
ReplyDeleteWow, you did great! It looks amazing!
ReplyDelete