The whole week before Valentine's Day I worked at my friend Tammy's flower shop. I have to say that I had a great time but I have a whole new outlook on the day. I have never been a huge fan of Valentine's Day, but after that week of making floral arrangements for people who come in the day before they want the flowers delivered, I am even less of a fan. The upside of the whole thing is that I am now very confident in making smaller flower arrangements and will hopefully start learning how to do larger ones. Before the week started I told Jake that I didn't want him to get me anything and especially flowers because I would see them and it wouldn't be a surprise. Well, Tammy and Jake had a little something up their sleeves and she made me this absolutely beautiful arrangement. It included my new favorite flower, Bells of Ireland. You actually can't see it in the picture but look it up, you will fall in love like I have. Now poor Jake didn't fair as well as I did. I sent him the balloon you see in the picture with a snack pack to his office. I knew he would get teased and I was successful in that but felt terrible because he actually put a lot of thought in surprising me. There is always next year!
Saturday, February 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment