Saturday, July 4, 2009

Born on the 4th of July...

Okay, well we don't know anyone that was born on the 4th July and other than it being Independence Day (which is huge to us but that will be in the next post) there is no significance to us other than I love that little song. The day that does hold a ton of significance is July 3, specifically in 2005. It is amazing to think that it has already been four years. Much of that may be because Jake has been out of the country for two of those and has been training away from home for at least another 2 months! Let's just say we don't really know how it feels to live with each other for a long period of time! This year was the second anniversary that we actually spent together and the first where we weren't traveling to a new home.

I am happy to report that we had quite a relaxing day on Friday. We had to get up and moving pretty early because we had Katelynn's 18 month well baby check-up. Her stats were a little shocking to me. At her 15 month check-up she weighed 22 lbs 6 ozs, 31 inches long and her head was in the 82%. Well, I knew that she had been growing a ton because Jake and I bought her summer clothes at an outlet mall in Gatlinburg, TN and when summer actually was in full swing NONE of the clothes fit. She is consistently wearing 2T and even some 3t fit quite well. The other clue that she was in a growth spurt was the fact that her StrideRite sandals, (this is a well known brand of shoes that most pediatricians recommend for toddlers because of the stability and they come with a hefty price tag) that we have only had a little over a month and a half , now have toes hanging over the edge of them! Back to the stats! She now weighs 23 lbs (not even a whole lb), is 33 inches long and her head is now in the 92%! I swear that child weighs more than 23 lbs because my arms get very tired when I hold her! I knew she had gotten taller but I didn't think it was a whole 2 inches, and the head I just don't really understand because it doesn't look all that big. It is of no concern considering my mom has a large melon, my brother and grandfather have huge melons, and Jake doesn't have a small one either! So, needless to say our little girl is not so little anymore!

Enjoy the pics below!






No comments:

Post a Comment