Last month we had to pleasure of attending my cousin, Kelly's, wedding to Ryan. It was in Red River, New Mexico and it was the perfect venue for their wedding. After the 10 hour drive we were exhausted but it sort of disappeared when we saw the beautiful mountains and pulling up to our family's cabin. I have not been able to get to our family's cabin since my freshman year in college and Jake has never been so I was getting to share a part of my childhood with Jake which meant a lot. Katelynn loved the mountains and she had a blast calling deer and playing outside.
Back to the wedding. Kelly is an extremely fun and eccentric that has great taste. Their colors were a shade of blue (I still don't know what to call it) and red. It was a GREAT color combination and it looked amazing with the mountains in the background. Oh yeah, Katelynn was a flower girl and I was a bridesmaid, just as a side note. Kelly wore a tea length dress with red shoes and a vintage veil and it was super cute. I did her hair and loved how it came out. We all wore blue dresses, red shoes and a red flower in our hair. I do have to say that the flower girls were so stinking cute in their bubble dress with red flowers. Kelly did an amazing job finding these dresses and we have actually wore it on several occasions since the wedding. Now that I have explained what we wore I want to talk about the ceremony and the reception. The ceremony was in the town square and it was just perfect. Katelynn had some of her mommy shine through when she was walking towards the aisle with ring bearer, Maddox. He started going the wrong way so Katelynn shouted, "hey boy, come this way!" Comical for sure but scary that she is already like that and she is still a toddler! The ceremony was short but full of love and that is what it is all about. Next was the reception which was held at a saloon called, "The Motherload." It was so cute and Kelly had come up with a great idea of making it like a concert. She had posters made up with her and Ryan's pictures on them and the seating chart was done with concert tickets that directed us to a table that was named after their favorite bands. SO CUTE! The food was great, the dancing was great and love feeled the room! Enjoy the pictures!
It rained on and off but it was absolutely beautiful during the ceremony.
I had a ton of toys because K didn't get a nap and I knew she would have to stay busy.
These were the concert posters.
Kelly and Katelynn making their dresses twirl.
The flower girls dancing the night away.
We tried to take pictures in the street but it started pouring! I was the furthest from the place so I of course got soaking!
K was trying to catch some rain in her mouth.
This was the only family pic we got. So unflattering but here it is.
Just playing away.
The happy couple!

Love the dresses! It's almost a Tiffany blue, but whatever it is, it's pretty!
ReplyDelete