Monday, April 12, 2010

Easter Celebrations...Two

I know I am behind on posting lately but I promise I will get back to my regular schedule now that I have two showers off my list. This Easter was so much more special this year because Jake was home (for over a year!!!!!!) and K really could understand what was going on. She has such a wonderful Sunday School teacher, Amber, who teaches them all the wonderful stories of the Bible and she makes sure they have a good time while doing it.

We started off our day by letting K open up her Easter basket, which proved to be not such a smart move. Due to our decision she ate candy for breakfast and was not too excited to leave the rest of her candy at home. The great thing was that once we got to church her tears dried up and she said, "bye Mommy, bye Daddy, see you later!" Those words are like music to my ears because she has started to become a whole lot more independent than she once was. Jake and I went to Sunday School then headed to the sanctuary to get ready for the Easter Cantada. We both had speaking parts and it ended up being a lot of fun. After church we had quite a crowd over for an Easter egg hunt and then lunch. The following people were in attendance: Tom and Shelley (Jake's parents), Aaron and Samantha Purdy and the Rodriguez family (Gunter, Shannon, Heidi, Kate and Natalie). We had such a great time and enjoyed a meal of: ham, garlic mashed potatoes, cheesy beans, salad, homemade rolls and homemade cupcakes with butter cream icing. Let's say that my diet was not going so well that day!!!! We had such a wonderful day and we look forward to many more wonderful holidays to come.

Yummy!!
Open!!!
K loves to run in the choir loft at church. This is a weekly event when we are trying to leave.
K was not interested in taking pictures because she wanted to hunt eggs.
We played a rousing game of "hot potato" while the dads hid the eggs out front.
"On your mark, get set, go!!!!"
Love all these girls!
"Can you please hurry and take the picture so I can get more eggs?"
She would make sure everyone saw each egg she put into her basket.
"Hurry, hurry, hurry!"
Taking a short break.
Eating lunch in the playroom. We tried our hardest to keep their dresses clean. We FAILED miserably.

No comments:

Post a Comment