Saturday, March 20, 2010

What a break...

Sorry for the crazy long blogging break but things have been busy! A quick update: Katelynn got sick, we had a friend stay with us, I got my wisdom teeth out (my mom was of course here) and then I got a cold. That is what has been going on in a nutshell so I didn't really even think about blogging. Now on to something more interesting. I am going to show you one of my more recent projects in the house that is finally finished and in use. About two months ago I came across a set of three tables on Craigslist that I really liked but wasn't too keen on the color of the wood. The great part is, they were cheap, in good condition and I could paint them black and not feel bad for doing it. I totally forgot to take before pics of the tables so below are the finished products. A little bit of advice for painting wood, make sure to sand it first, then prime it, then paint it. I did not follow that advice and I know that I will be repainting them in the near future. I also took some pictures of the new curtains THAT I MADE!!!! I also made a table runner but is not on the table it is on the floor in one of the pictures thanks to my designer daughter! Enjoy!

This is our office/family room/workout room. This is the office side.

I made these out of the cardboard letters from Hobby Lobby then I used Modge Podge and put scrapbook paper on them. SUPER EASY!

This is the family/workout side of the room.

I LOVE this fabric. I got it for 1/2 off at Hancock's.





1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love seeing all your projects! Hopefully we will be moving in the next few months and I will have a ton of before and after shots too!

    ReplyDelete