This year's theme for the Olney Cubs is "I Am Olney." You might recognize it from Marshall University, "We Are Marshall." The athletic director, Gunter Rodriguez, is a great friend of ours and he truly has a passion for kids. His thoughts were if we can get the students to take ownership in their school, community and themselves then we could see a change in our town. They made shirts that on the front say, "I Am Olney" and on the back it says, "Come early, Be Loud, Be Proud, Wear Red." As cheesy as it sounds, the students and the town have totally taken to it. Last week was the first pep rally and let me tell you, people were fired up! I love sports and to see students excited about them gets me excited and makes we want to get more involved with them. I have always been a sports nut and this year will be no different! Below are some pictures from last week and this weeks pep rally!
Getting her lipstick on in preparation for the pep rally. I know, she is wearing a cheerleading outfit and that is so not me. She sure looks cute though!
Look at all of those red "I Am Olney" shirts.
Katelynn and Mamma after the pep rally.

This post makes me miss small-town TX! I do old Lynx cheers for Bay, and I noticed Ben doing Bulldog chants too. Think we're homesick?!!
ReplyDelete